|Home » News
Dell: 'Windows is Insecure'
The sky is blue. Bears usually shit in the woods.
ROUND ROCK (Radsoft) — Dell Inc are now openly advising customers that Windows is insecure and that Ubuntu is secure. This is hardly a news flash for most people but the fact a major OEM made an open statement may represent a watershed.
Spurious reports are meanwhile leaking out of Redmond Washington that Microsoft CEO has gone on a new chair-tossing rampage, calling Mark Shuttleworth all kinds of unsavoury things.
A quick look at the following link reveals what it's all about. Dell have long offered Ubuntu boxes; now they seem to be scaling up their Ubuntu marketing and tiring of the Microsoft Mess™.
Dell list ten things their customers should know about Ubuntu.
- Ubuntu comes preloaded with select Dell desktop, notebook, and netbook computers.
- Ubuntu is based on Linux.
- Ubuntu with OpenOffice is compatible with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- With Ubuntu you have access to thousands of free software programs.
- Ubuntu boots up fast.
- Ubuntu is safer than Microsoft Windows.
- Ubuntu plays videos, songs, and movies easily.
- Ubuntu is 'social from the start'.
- Ubuntu is designed for the Internet.
- Ubuntu is simple and elegant.
They also provide a comparison chart which declares the need for antivirus/anti-spyware on Ubuntu as unwarranted.
The chart also makes it clear that there are additional costs with Windows that don't apply with Ubuntu and that Ubuntu isn't a DRM-crippled platform as is Windows.